Saturday, September 4, 2010

pretty

Is it me or has the meaning of pretty changed for the worst? Sometimes I get bored and surf the internet for things to amuse myself with, whether it be the misfortune of other people, the mentally disabled, or anything that repulses people that are sheltered. During those pursuits of entertainment, at times I stumble across networking sites and things like craigslist where people put up pictures of themselves. Being totally disinterested, and without things better to do...my curiosity leads me to read what these people have to say. Most people, women especially, like to think of themselves as attractive. No one wants to be unattractive, but people also do not like to be deceived (or do they? that's beside the point). When a person says "I am a beautiful wo/man" one would expect something along the lines of being easy on the eyes. I'm not trying to say you have to look like Ms. Universe or Ryan Reynolds in order to be "beautiful" or "hot" or whatever else, but let's be reasonable here. I always find it amusing when I stumble across women's description of themselves as being hot or beautiful, then quickly finding out that they look like Shrek or Chuckie. It is sort of like "ahhhhhhhh...you got me theeeeeeeeeere" kind of thing, and it makes me laugh...as well as die a little bit on the inside.

No comments: