Saturday, April 3, 2010

friends

While keeping up on blawgs I was happy to see that i'm not the only one cleaning out my social networking sites. Yesterday I chose to delete people I haven't talked to or who I was just lingering in their general "collection" of friends. i have been thinking a lot about social networking sites in general. I came to the conclusion that I want to use them as they're meant to be used--for keeping in touch and networking. Not networking as in, "Hey we met last night, we had some laughs so I thought I would add you." No, that just doesn't cut it anymore. Especially with the internet's ability to quickly turn the private into the public.

I've learned that I want to network the old fashioned way. You know, where you actually stay in touch and up-to-date with the people you know because you 1) want to, and 2) never know when that relationship can come in handy (need a good plumber? need a reference?). So I took a look at my friends and for the most part deleted anyone that I wouldn't or couldn't pick the phone up and call.

From now on I will try my best to only "friend" those that fall into the above description.

I suppose this is just one of many small steps I'll be making toward becoming a more professional individual. Which kinda sucks.

the most important thing is..i wont delete my school friends!

they were hillarious..they made my school days awesome!

actually i just found out me and LOTS of my friends were deleted by one of my friends..hahah



3 comments:

fa2din said...

haha.. sgal.. sape tuh yg delete bdak2 kte?? but you're rite.. i dont think we cant ever contact over 1000 friends (to those who reach 1000 friends) or even 500..

kiboi said...

hahaha..sape budak tu..xelok untuk diberitahu secara public..tapi aku rase die x delete kau la din..die delete budak2 bawahan..yg x berape pandai..hahah..yup i agree with you din..kalau 1000 orang tu kita kenal, then its okay..kalau orang tu memang aku x kenal aku delete je la..hahah

fa2din said...

haha.. ak pun ade rse nk bwat cmtuh gak.. tpi blum decode lgik ble.. bdak2 junior tuh.. kjap2 add.. belambak ak pnye friends.. ak ade bwat group utk friends2 ak.. kt group smstj08 ak msukkan batch kte jek.. tpi yg bkan 08 bkan men rmai.. haha~