Saturday, September 19, 2009

raya 1






pictures courtesy of (herman and syauqey)'s facebook

Many days I do not ber'blog '. Chaotic with personal matters and family.

Starting this Saturday(today la), my indie rock darling may not be able di'update 'as often as always. And it will be continued until the second or third day Aildifitri. However after that, it will return insyaAllah alive and vibrant as ever.

At this age, I am no longer excited about the new baju melayu for raya or all the yummy raya spread (ketupat, rendang, lontong) Nowadays I hardly bother to buy anything new..mostly due to the time constraint and the thought of having to hustle in shopping complexes gives me nightmares. I used to have my mom to worry about all the buying etc...Now..I am just looking forward of going back to Selangor to be with the whole crazy clan. Mi familia that is.. the sounds of the little ones yelling and screaming, running around the house on top of their lungs with their "sampin" halfway down to the knees and songkok tilted sideways with their kuih tat in one hand which on any other day would give me a massive headache but in the spirit of raya..I’ll let it slip :)

And of course, going back to Bangi for Hari Raya would not be complete with the subtle hints by relatives on one thing. my weight. I pay tribute to distant relatives whom I only see once a year and each year without fail they would say " you have put on weight! diet la!" Ready, aim, shoot!

I still remember those days in school...waiting eagerly hoping that cute girl would send me a raya card :)And how can I ever forget that when you go for terawikh everynite..its mainly because you actually want to "main bunga api" with all ur friends in the compound of the mosque and its when the boys get to throw those mini firecrackers at you. I think it was one of those weird things guys do to show that they're interested in girls :)

Now when my friends are spread all over the country, and I only hear from them occasionally but when a raya card creeps into the mailbox,I get all sentimental and mushy mushy inside because they still remember me.

However, this year will be the first Raya that we will not not be going back to Changloon. No more driving around with my parents and sisters in Changloon trying to kill time before buka. No more trying to sneak out and driving off to Kedah just to run away from the endless chores of dishwashing and countless refills of the kuih raya and stirring kilo’s of sugar for drinks. We will be welcoming Syawal in Selangor this year. Grandmother is already here. It feels kind of weird though, this being not going back to Kedah for Hari Raya.

In conjunction with the coming of Syawal , i would like to take the opportunity to say Happy Celebrating Aidilfitri to all my friends, and anything above apply forgiven all errors and ketelanjuran. Indeed, each forgiveness, let even the small, always have a large and distinctive meaning.

But wherever you will be celebrating your Hari Raya, Selamat Hari Raya dear friends..Maaf zahir batin..hope you'll have a good raya with your family. Drive safe you hear?

Selamat Hari Raya.

3 comments:

haziqrazab said...

Slamat ari raya to u too syakeb !
sory for not sending u any raya card becoz im so lazy to write.. haha !! plus, if i send a card to u, ill have to send raya cards to ervyone !!

kiboi said...

selamat hari raya to you too topp!!
sedih dowh nordin mattopp dah mati..
hehe..

haziqrazab said...

man.. who d hell care bout him ?? hahah !!